Magic of Metal (Lithuania, metal workshop)
A visit to Mill Smithy is a unique opportunity to learn about the history of Lithuanian blacksmithing and metal mining. The charismatic smithy will share his special philosophy of life and work. You'll admire the exposition of metal products, try the craft of blacksmithing and taste the tea made on a forge.
- Enjoy a unique tea drinking ceremony: visit the fragrant herb garden and learn how to make tea on a blacksmith's forge, taste the blacksmith's biscuits "Anvil".
- Blacksmithing lesson: each participant forges his own horseshoe of happiness and takes it as a souvenir.
- Test the accuracy of your hand while throwing the ancient Baltic weapon – javelin – into the target.
- Enjoy the story of the ancient iron mining traditions in this region, visit the exhibition of smithy's works.
The Mill Smithy is located in Leipalingis village at the source of the Bilsinyčia river. The historic Černiauskai mound surrounded by forests is just two kilometers away and in close neighbourhood there is a town of Leipalingis which dates back to XVIth century. The town is proud of the Classicist style church and the manor.
The town of Leipalingis and its surroundings were glorified by the ancient masters of metal mining and processing. This is proved and confirmed by many archeological finds found in the area, which are the reminiscents of the times of the extincted Baltic tribe - the Yotvingians.
Smithy Juozas is an extremely charismatic person, a certified cherisher of Lithuanian national heritage. He is a creative artist whose metal sculptures adorn many cities of our country.
The owner of the Mill Smithy is one of the few Lithuanian blacksmiths, continuing the old traditions of cross-stitching, which is included into the UNESCO list of masterpieces of intangible heritage.
Visit us also on FB page Mill Smithy
- Visit to the exhibition of smithy works and Mill Smithy
- History of the area and the ancient local iron mining traditions
- Blacksmithing lesson: each participant forges his own horseshoe of happiness and takes it as a souvenir
- Fun games with ancient weapons – throwing javelin into the target
- Tea drinking ceremony: a visit to the herb garden, making tea on a blacksmith's forge, tasting blacksmith's biscuits "Anvil"
- Various blacksmith souvenirs and artefacts are available for an additional cost
- Comfortable clothing and footwear
- Up to 10 people in one group
- Polish, Russian
- Reservation need to be made at least 2 weeks in advance or by cantacting the smith by e-mail email@example.com
- Confirmation that the service is available for the desired date is necessary for the reservation to be valid.
- Upon arrival please have a covid-19 test confirmation that you are healthy or that you have been vaccinated against this disease.
- For an additional fee, we can arrange an interpreter who can translate into English, but please, inform beforehand.
- Preferably no pets
- No alcohol consumption
- People who are intoxicated (alcohol or drugs) will not be allowed on the homestead
- Adapted for wheelchairusers, except WC
- Please understand we have to charge a 20% cancellation fee for the paid deposit if you cancel the booking. In case You cancel the booking 6-1 days before arrival or in case of no-show there will be no refund of the paid deposit at all.
Leipalingio Rd.44A, Leipalingio Village,
Address: 180, 67281, Lietuva
Offered by: Mill Smithy
67280 – Leipalingis Village, Druskininkai mun.
Location name: Mill Smithy
Parking Space: yes
Train Stations & Bus Stops: Leipalingis town bus stop