Discover the secrets of the “amber berry” on this sea buckthorn farm. Tour the orchard and manufacturing facilities and make your own sea buckthorn juice or syrup. After the visit, you’ll get a chance to taste the organic products created here. Some of them are only made here on this farm
- The owners are one of the first sea buckthorn growers in Lithuania and will tell you everything about sea buckthorn, the berries and the products made from them.
- While visiting the farm, you’ll learn how to distinguish sea buckthorn plants by gender, how to propagate them, how to pick berries from thorny branches and how to make healthy juice or syrup.
- The biggest hidden treasure is the medicinal power of the vitamin-rich seaberry, as it’s often called.
- The farm is organic, with no chemical fertilisers or insecticides being used while growing the berries.
- The owners Daiva and Gediminas are fantastic storytellers who combine incredible knowledge from botany, chemistry and natural medicine.
|Participants||From 1 to 10 participants|
Domantonių Str. 17, LT-64102 Venciūnai, Alytaus distr., Lithuania
Seabuckthorn Farm Amberry (Šaltalankių ūkis "Amberry")
Svečių namai Moteliukas, Venciūnų k., Lietuva
Parking space: yes
Offered by: Seabuckthorn Farm "Amberry" (Šaltalankių ūkis "Amberry")
64103 - Venciūnai
Venciūnai is in the southern part of Lithuania, near Alytus, the capital of the Dzūkija region. It’s a small village with a population of about 500. The village’s main attraction is the sea buckthorn farm, which has about 120 hectares of orchards around Alytus and Venciūnai.
Daiva and Gediminas are among the first sea buckthorn growers in Lithuania. Their family business has faced some painful failures in the past, but also lots of interesting discoveries they are happy to share. They’re creative and innovative farmers, as well as fantastic storytellers who offer up some incredible knowledge about the seaberry from the fields of botany, chemistry and natural medicine.
Visit our website > Organic Sea buckthorn Farm
Visit us on FB > Sea Buckthorn Farm Amberry