A trip to Augai Farm is an exclusive opportunity to get acquainted with traditional rural life and farm activities. Try your hand at farm work, interact with the farm animals and learn how to make cheese. At the end of the visit, you’ll enjoy a tasting of cheese and other products made on the farm.
- Get a taste of the environment and lifestyle of the locals.
- The farm’s charismatic host shares her special philosophy about life and work.
- Everyone will get an opportunity to learn how to milk a cow, saw firewood, ride a horse and make cheese.
- Taste fresh, natural, and locally-made dairy products.
- Enjoy authentic encounters with farm animals: cows, chickens, horses, ponies and peacocks.
The Augai Farm homestead is located in Didžiasalis village, which is on the edge of a forest and next to two lakes: Black and White Billas. The Augai family has lived and worked here for generations; for almost 200 years. The farm itself is located in a picturesque area adjacent to the Dzūkija forest on one side and a meadow with three ponds on the other side.
The host of the farm, Gražina, is an extremely charismatic person with a very healthy sense of humour and her own philosophy of life and work. After years of distractions, Gražina finally found her enjoyment in village life. She started reviving her family’s farm and now her whole family — Gražina, her husband, their daughter and son-in-law — are all involved in the daily farm work and cheesemaking business. People from all over the country come to the farm to buy and taste their branded cheese.
Visit us also on FB > Augai Farm
Alyvų gatvė 21, Didžiasalis, Lietuva
- Farm tour
- Visiting a cheese cellar
- Various farm games, including cutting firewood, milking a wooden cow, throwing an axe at the target, collecting eggs, etc.
- Carriage ride, drawn by an old tractor
- Cheesemaking lesson
- Tasting of matured, fermented and other cow’s milk cheeses
- For an additional fee, we can arrange for someone to be there who can translate into English.
- Comfortable casual clothing and footwear are recommended.
- From 5 to 50 participants
- Polish, Russian
- Please book at least 2 weeks before you plan to visit or by contacting the family by email email@example.com
- The reservation is only valid after confirmation.
- Upon arrival please have a covid-19 test confirmation that you are healthy or that you have been vaccinated against this disease.
- No pets!
- People who are intoxicated (alcohol or drugs) are not allowed on the farm.
- Please understand we have to charge a 20% cancellation fee for the paid deposit if you cancel the booking. In case You cancel the booking 6-1 days before arrival or in case of no-show there will be no refund of the paid deposit at all.
Address: Alyvų gatvė 21, Didžiasalis, Lietuva
Offered by: Augai Farm (Augų ūkis)
67281 – Didžiasalis, Druskininkai mun.
Location name / meeting point: Augai Farm (Augų ūkis)
Parking space: yes
Your cookie settings prevent you from viewing this content.
Would you like to change the settings?